I help clients: gain clarity on what they truly want in their relationships/ careers/ lives
determine their next moves, create actionable goals
and coach them as they create habits that help them lead more meaningful, purpose-driven and successful lives.
You were born with potential. You were born with goodness and trust. You were born with ideals and dreams. You were born with greatness. You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don’t. You have wings. Learn to use them, and fly.
What is this so-called “life coaching” business, anyway?
“Life coaching” can mean many thing to many people. But in the way that I was trained it involves helping a client identify and overcome the obstacles that get in her/his way to personal and career success. The process may feel therapeutic, but it is not “therapy.”
Rather, it’s working together with clients to help them identify what is and is not working in their lives — by proactively asking strategic questions. This process of inquiry and exploration helps clients access, identify and refine what they truly want in life.
It’s sharing with clients the life tools that can help them identify and overcome limiting beliefs that hinder their growth and their personal achievement. This dynamic 2-way process teaches clients to enhance what is uniquely right for them and to crowd out what is not.
It includes helping them define their goals and come up with actionable plans to achieve them.
I guide clients as they journey into healthier, more successful practices, re-establishing their passions and their strengths. It’s guiding them in their growth and encouraging their achievements.
It is not “fixing” a client’s life for them. It is giving them the tools and the confidence to problem-solve on their own, so that eventually, clients do not need a coach. (Yes, that’s right….a good coach will coach herself right out of a job!) Thus, it is giving clients the tools to thrive, and fly….
(And as efficient and business-like as all of this sounds….we tend to laugh a little along the way! It’s done in a friendly, respectful way that honors the client wherever she/he is in their journey.)
- Helping people transition into “Encore” careers
- Helping mothers who may want to start a new endeavor or re-enter the workforce, but aren’t sure what to do or how to do it
- Male/female dynamics (marriage, dating, commitment issues, managing the energy that one puts out into the universe)
- Helping mothers find more fulfillment and a sense of relevancy in their daily lives
- Helping clients start-up new businesses
- Helping clients identify and address the road blocks that are preventing them from achieving and maintaining a healthy body weight.
- Helping clients transition into a cleaner, healthier lifestyle that prioritizes wellness
- Helping parents accept and embrace their children for exactly who they are (not just who they want them to be); helping parents step out of fear and own their own issues
- Helping clients embrace and celebrate “mid-life”
- Helping executives find more fulfillment in their work life, creating actionable plans to become more successful
- Helping professionals achieve greater life/work balance through life hacks, time management, prioritization of what is purposeful and meaningful
- Help professionals create a plan distribute their products strategically, increase sales and grow their businesses
HOW IS THE MARTHA BECK COACHING PHILOSOPHY DIFFERENT?
“One of the big differences between us and other coaching programs is that we don’t just start forging ahead and setting goals. We look at the thoughts and belief systems and work to dissolve what is holding our clients back, so they can access their own inner motivation rather than trying to drive themselves by external motivation (which is really hard, often tedious, and frankly not all that effective). We believe that each person has the key to their own right life within them, and our job as coaches is to help them access and act on that information, not offer advice about what we think they should do” – Martha Beck Inc.