Favorite Kitchen Life Hack: The Rice Cooker!
Preview video of my YouTube Channel features:
Which Rice Cooker To Get?
Of the several rice cookers that I have tested out, I prefer the Aroma 20 Cup Rice Cooker/ Food Steamer/ Slow cooker. It’s my top choice for these reasons:
- The versatility of its functions (goes way beyond just being a rice cooker)
- The larger circumference of its pot base (I prefer a wider pot vs. a deeper pot, due to the increased surface area of the pot bottom, which allows for more caramelization in the dishes being cooked.
- It’s widely available (on the Aroma website, on Amazon, sometimes at Bed Bath & Beyond where a 20% off coupon can be utilized.)
- Aroma offers a wide array of recipes to try.
- If you have a family, the larger sizer makes sense. (Even if you live in a dorm room it might…it’s the perfect way to share!)
Here’s a link to the recommended rice cooker that I have and love: Aroma 980SB
There’s another 20 cup Aroma Rice Cooker on Amazon that I believe would work perfectly well and costs significantly less. I have not tried it out myself, but it looks just fine to me, called the Aroma Housewares 20 Cup Cooked (10 cup uncooked) Digital Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Food Steamer, SS Exterior (ARC-150SB)
Link: Aroma $36
Reheating leftovers in the Rice Cooker
If you know me, you know I love my rice cooker! Here’s one way I put it to work …